The Oasis at Dodge Park provides a higher level of care than traditional Assisted Living care and it is the ideal solution for seniors who value their independence, yet need more assistance with daily activities, and not ready or want to move to a nursing home facility. We encourage continued independence through a tailored plan of individual wellness and personal care. Team members are available 24-hours a day for help with bathing, dressing, medication reminders or other activities at our well know all inclusive ONE-RATE program. No limit on level of care. The Oasis At Dodge Park is not only a homelike, resident-centered alternative to an assisted living facility — it is a completely different option for a senior who doesn’t require intensive, skilled nursing care making it better than assisted living for many seniors. The Oasis at Dodge Park is a one of kind, a brand new state of the art facility licensed by the MA Department of Public Health to care for those diagnosed with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease in residential setting.
Our People are the Oasis at Dodge Park Difference
The Oasis at Dodge Park team members are selected for their big-hearted approach to fulfilling the individual needs of seniors with respect and compassion. Team members’ skills are then fine-tuned through the award-winning Oasis at Dodge Park in-service training program to ensure continued implementation of Oasis at Dodge Park ‘s principles of service program for the residential care model.
The Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
We respect that individuals have their own needs and preferences right from the beginning. We meet with each resident and their family before move-in — and at regular intervals afterwards — to help determine appropriate care and service. The Oasis at Dodge Park team then works together to create an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) of senior care and service that is monitored daily. The resident service plan might include help with personal hygiene and grooming, dressing and clothes selection, showering and bathing, assistance with eating, continence management, mobility, socialization and medication management. All those services are part of our all-inclusive ONE-RATE program,.
Memory Care Programs
Because memory loss affects everyone differently, Oasis at Dodge Park Memory Care Program focuses on understanding seniors individually so we can provide the memory loss care they respond to positively. Brain stimulation and interactive actions through art are two specially designed programs available at Oasis at Dodge Park that engage participants in holistic programming focused on brain health. Residents are guided by trained team members through structured, stimulating activities for increased independence and self-esteem. This unique approach based on recent research into brain function helps seniors stay focused, reduces anxiety and strives to slow the progression of further memory loss. Our activity program is running daily from 7am to 9:30pm daily year around.
Oasis at Dodge Park Services & Amenities Offer More Value
Oasis at Dodge Park residents enjoy senior-friendly living spaces designed for comfort and confidence, with a choice of room sizes. Oasis at Dodge Park is a pet-friendly; some residents even move in with their own approved dog as long as they reside in a private room.
Oasis at Dodge Park Assisted Living program generally provide:
- Programming and activities designed for daily physical fitness; creative, social, learning and spiritual opportunities; scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily, featuring a variety of menu choices designed for senior nutrition and snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Medication coordination
- Complete maintenance-free living, including housekeeping, trash removal and laundry
- A resident community cat and dog
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
What makes us different from the typical assisted living?
Typical Assisted Living
- Nurse on call after 5pm (or none at all)
- Medical Director contracted (not available for regular visits)
- Not able to manage insulin dependent residents (or narcotic type of medication on a PRN base)
- Staffing ratio—1:10 or even worst 1:15
- Very limited medication management by a licensed nurse 24 hours a day
- QMAP (qualified medication administration persons) who passed a state approved course to administer medications, but not supervise by license nurse
- Scheduled lab services usually not happening. It is the family responsible to take their loved one for an outside lab
- Oxygen management is prohibited in most cases
- High levels of incontinence is not allowed
- Daily housekeeping and laundry is also very limited
- Staff are not certified by the Alzheimer’s Association
Oasis at Dodge Park Memory Care
- Nurse on site 24 hours a day
- Medical Director on staff with weekly visit and daily on call availability
- Weekly nurse practitioner visits, as well as daily if needed
- Home Health services like P/T, O/T Speech are done at the facility
- Occupational Therapy, Speech and Physical Therapy
- Diabetic Management is allowed
- Oxygen management is allowed
- The highest staffing ratio in the area
- Hospice Care to promote aging in place
- Lowest readmission rate to hospitals in the area
- Admissions 24/7
- Webcam, video chat and email accessible to residents, families and healthcare professionals through WiFi all around the facility
- Resident is accompanied by Oasis at Dodge Park staff when going out to the hospital to ensure their safety and their health issues are communicated properly
- Continuing coordination of care while in the hospital or in rehab
- Deficiency free surveys by the MA Department of Public Health
- Special Diets—In House Dietician Consultant
- EMR (electronic medical records)
- Weekly rounding by a geriatric Psychiatrist
- Specialized Activity Programming from 7am to 9:30pm with a 1:16 ratio
- Fall Detection and Prevention Program
- Secured building using state of the art equipment and monitoring
- CCTV monitoring
Better than Assisted Living
All residents will have a thorough physical by our physician and both mental and physical assessments will be conducted by our Director of Health and Wellness. The Oasis at Dodge Park Assessment is designed by facility administrators that combining have more than 50 years of experience in the field caring for dementia and Alzheimer’s residents.
Why not skilled nursing?
Many healthcare professionals seek assistance from the skilled nursing facilities for their patients but here at Oasis at Dodge Park we believe that we can manage these residents in our unique state of the art setting and provide them with quality of life while living in a home like setting. The nurse on site 24 hours a day allows us to manage PRN medications as well as diabetic management. Our staff is trained to help with transfers and with our team of psychiatrists and psychologist, behavior management can be controlled here on site.
How does the environment play a role in memory care?
The unique design of the Oasis at Dodge Park facility enhance the physical and mental well-being of each resident. Intimate small dining rooms and open style family kitchens allow residents to enjoy the sights and smells of cooking. The visible enclosed indoor patio/sunroom from the dining room provides an outdoor feeling from the inside. The specialty designed accessories and uncluttered areas allow residents to feel a sense of calm in their home.
What we can do to help?
- We are able to do assessments 24 hours a day, seven days a week and admissions can be done in less than 24 hours
- We can manage psychotropic and PRN medications
- Provide them with support and education on the disease process
- Nurse around the clock and medical director on staff
- Oasis at Dodge Park is accepted by all Long Term Care insurance including policies than pertain to skilled nursing because we have a nurse on premises around the clock
At Oasis at Dodge Park we trying hard to make sure that there is nothing more important than making our residents feel they have a sense of purpose in our community. Our Life Care Team is trained in the “Oasis at Dodge Park Philosophy” to recreate an environment where staff seeks to understand the feelings and needs of residents that maximize each resident’s quality of life. If you tour our community you may find residents baking bread, painting benches for our outdoor areas or using our web cam to visit with a loved one who lives far away. Oasis at Dodge Park has taken a typical “activity calendar” and made it specialized for the residents that live in our community.
- Music therapy
- Mary K pampering
- Religious groups
- Bible study
- Brain stimulation program
- Timeless Memories: individualized art program for those with memory impairments by those certified through the Memories in the Making
- Alzheimer’s Association Art Program
- Pet Therapy: Residents care for the visiting dogs and monkey
- Family Involvement: weekly emails are sent to families with pictures of their loved one participating in activities. Our Facebook is updated weekly for our families and friends
- Beauty salon on site
- Monthly themes: experience life of other cultures
- Men’s and Women’s Club
- Regular outing for shows , restaurant, sport events, and community events
At Oasis at Dodge Park we pride ourselves at being better than assisted living through provided a higher level of care. Schedule a tour today and discover the Oasis at Dodge Park Difference.